Skip Main Navigation
Passport Office Closed 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday,  March 19 The Passport Office will be closed between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018. Passport services will NOT be offered during that time...

Sewer And Wastewater Ask Arvada

Illegal Dumping and Spills

Protecting Arvada's streams from illegal dumping is critical to maintaining a healthy environment. Accidental spills and illegal dumping should be addressed as soon as possible.

Here is a list of ways to handle spills or illegal dumping:

  • Call 911:
    • For accidental hazardous spills such as chemicals, oil, or gas.
    • If you witness illegal dumping of hazardous materials. 
  • Call 720-898-7807 during business hours or 720-898-7820 after hours for:
    • Nonhazardous spills.
    • Foam* in streams that is more than a few inches high and has a perfume scent.
  • Kitty litter or other absorbent can be helpful in cleaning up small spills, but the absorbent must be swept up and disposed of in the trash. 

*Some foam or suds in the stream is natural, especially as snowmelt runoff occurs in the spring accumulating along shorelines and river banks, and in coves and eddies. Foam from silt or erosion is usually a dirty brown color amd smells like fish or earth. In contrast, foam from detergent will have a noticeable perfume smell. Natural foam is often seen in early morning and is usually gone by midday.

If you have specific questions about dumping, please submit a service request.  

This information was brought to you by the Utilities Department.  

Submit a Service Request


If your Ask Arvada request pertains to a specific location (other than your address), please include details here. If a location is not relevant to your request, leave this field on Not Applicable.

Special Information (Required)


Please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include sensitive information (passwords, banking account numbers, credit card information, etc.).

Agree and Submit
By submitting this form, you are agreeing that you have not included any sensitive information such as passwords, social security numbers, and banking details. You are acknowledging that you are aware that the data contained in this form is being transmitted through GovOutReach, the tool that the City of Arvada uses to manage requests.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.