Skip Main Navigation
Passport Office Closed 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday,  March 19 The Passport Office will be closed between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018. Passport services will NOT be offered during that time...

Police Department Ask Arvada

Noise Disturbance

City of Arvada does enforce noise ordinances. If you plan to have an outside party and use a sound system the police department suggests you:

  • Contact all of your neighbors who may be within hearing distance of the sound system and advise them of what you are planning to do
  • Lower the volume

Even if you do this, if they feel they are being disturbed by the noise generated from your sound system they may make a complaint and it is their right to do so.  This would be the case regardless of whether you obtained a permit or not. Permits are usually obtained when you are having live music or a function where there is a professional sound system.

This information was brought to you by the department of Public Safety.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.