Skip Main Navigation
Passport Office Closed 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday,  March 19 The Passport Office will be closed between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018. Passport services will NOT be offered during that time...

Police Department Ask Arvada

Soft Pellet Guns Transportation

Municipal Law does not define your air soft pellet gun as a firearm, but does have an ordinance pertaining to throwing missiles. It states, no person shall throw or shoot any stone, snowball or other missile at or upon any person, animal, building, structure or vehicle in such a manner as may cause injury or damage. This violation is punishable by a fine.

It is recommended that if you are over 18 to find a shooting gallery or visit a friend in the country that has open space property and will grant you permission to shoot your air soft pellet guns.

This information was brought to you by the department of Public Safety.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.