Skip Main Navigation
Passport Office Closed 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday,  March 19 The Passport Office will be closed between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018. Passport services will NOT be offered during that time...

Parks And Recreation Ask Arvada

Arvada/Blunn Reservoir

The Arvada/Blunn Reservoir serves as an important water source for the City of Arvada, supplying the City with 25% of its drinking water.  For this reason, all sports such as windsurfing, swimming, water skiing, tubing and scuba diving, which require body contact with the water, are not allowed.  Because of the relatively small size of the reservoir and for water quality reasons, gas-powered boats and belly boats are also prohibited.  However, electric trolling motors are permitted.  Any person who fishes must possess a valid Colorado fishing license.  The reservoir is stocked by the Colorado Division of Wildlife with rainbow trout, brown trout, largemouth bass, and walleye.  You may take the state limit on all fish except the trout, which is limited to two per licensed fisherman.The reservoir, located east of Highway 93 and 64th Parkway, is open from April 1 to October 31 each year.  Hours are as such:  April and May - 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.  June -August - 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. September and October -  7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Permits are required to use the facility.  Annual permits are available only at City Hall, 8101 Ralston Road; daily permits (CASH ONLY) are available at the reservoir.  The hours during which you may obtain a season permit are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.  To request an application for a season permit by mail, submit a service request.  Annual permit fees are: Vehicles and Boats:  Arvada Resident - $25.00 each; Non-Resident - $35.00 each.  Seniors 62 and older and Handicapped Pass for Vehicles and Boats:  Arvada Resident - $15.00 each; Non-Resident - $25.00 each.  Daily permit fees are: $5.00 for vehicles and $5.00 for boats.  For further information on the Arvada/Blunn Reservoir, or if you are interested in serving the City as a volunteer ranger at the reservoir, call Parks Maintenace at 720-898-7410. For inquiries or additional information submit a service request.

This information was brought to you by Parks, Golf and Hospitality.

Submit a Service Request


If your Ask Arvada request pertains to a specific location (other than your address), please include details here. If a location is not relevant to your request, leave this field on Not Applicable.

Special Information (Required)


Please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include sensitive information (passwords, banking account numbers, credit card information, etc.).

Agree and Submit
By submitting this form, you are agreeing that you have not included any sensitive information such as passwords, social security numbers, and banking details. You are acknowledging that you are aware that the data contained in this form is being transmitted through GovOutReach, the tool that the City of Arvada uses to manage requests.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.