Skip Main Navigation
Passport Office Closed 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday,  March 19 The Passport Office will be closed between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018. Passport services will NOT be offered during that time...

Building Permits And Licenses Ask Arvada

Licensing of Contractors

All contractors working in the City of Arvada must be licensed or registered by the City.  All plumbing and electrical contractors must be licensed by the State as well.  To obtain a contractor's license or electrical registration, or to renew, visit or visit the Building Inspection Division at City Hall, 8101 Ralston Road, between the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday, and complete an application.  The fee will be based on the type of license required.  There is no license fee for electrical contractors; however, an application must still be filled out.  To expedite the licensing process, copies of licenses from other Colorado municipalities in which a test was administered should be attached to the license application.  If unavailable, a test may be required.  An owner or officer of the company must sign the license application.  The application and fee may be mailed to the Building Inspection Division at 8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002 or delivered to the same address.  For information as well as more details about the types of licenses available, please submit a service request or call 720-898-7620. 

This information was brought to you by the Utilities Department.

Submit a Service Request


If your Ask Arvada request pertains to a specific location (other than your address), please include details here. If a location is not relevant to your request, leave this field on Not Applicable.

Special Information (Required)


Please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include sensitive information (passwords, banking account numbers, credit card information, etc.).

Agree and Submit
By submitting this form, you are agreeing that you have not included any sensitive information such as passwords, social security numbers, and banking details. You are acknowledging that you are aware that the data contained in this form is being transmitted through GovOutReach, the tool that the City of Arvada uses to manage requests.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.