Skip Main Navigation
Passport Office Closed 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday,  March 19 The Passport Office will be closed between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018. Passport services will NOT be offered during that time...

Building Permits And Licenses Ask Arvada

Building a House

To build a house in the City of Arvada, a permit must be obtained.  Applications are available at the Building Inspection Division  at City Hall, 8101 Ralston Road. Visit  to access the necessary permit online. Permit applications may be submitted by either a contractor licensed by the City of Arvada or by an owner, who is building his/her own home to occupy.  When submitted, the permit application shall be accompanied by detailed information.  A handout with additional details is available at the Building Inspection Division  or online at  For a new home, the general permit authorizes work for structural, plumbing, mechanical and electrical construction.  As the structure is being built, inspections will be done to confirm the structure is being built to accepted standards of health and safety. When the structure is complete, all inspections done, fees paid, and any requirements from other departments met, a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued.  The home may not be used or occupied until a valid Certificate of Occupancy has been issued.   Additional information can be obtained at the Building Inspection Division in person Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, by submitting a service request, or by phone at 720-898-7620.

This information was brought to you by Utilities Department. 

Submit a Service Request


If your Ask Arvada request pertains to a specific location (other than your address), please include details here. If a location is not relevant to your request, leave this field on Not Applicable.

Special Information (Required)


Please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include sensitive information (passwords, banking account numbers, credit card information, etc.).

Agree and Submit
By submitting this form, you are agreeing that you have not included any sensitive information such as passwords, social security numbers, and banking details. You are acknowledging that you are aware that the data contained in this form is being transmitted through GovOutReach, the tool that the City of Arvada uses to manage requests.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.