Skip Main Navigation
Passport Office Closed 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday,  March 19 The Passport Office will be closed between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018. Passport services will NOT be offered during that time...

Animals Ask Arvada

Rabies/Reporting Animal Bites

Arvada is the home of many species of wildlife (bats, skunks, raccoons, etc.) known to transmit this incurable disease to pets and people. It is required that all dogs be vaccinated after reaching 4 months of age. Keep the rabies certificate as proof of current vaccination for licensing and proof of ownership. Colorado law requires all animal bites that break the skin (with the exception of rodents) be reported to the animal control office in the jurisdiction where the bite occurred. The animal must be quarantined for a 10 day period, and an animal control officer must complete a report. In most cases, pets can be properly confined at home for the 10 day period, but if necessary will be required to be taken to a local shelter or other secure location. If your dog or cat comes in conflict with a wild animal, its important to contact the Animal Management Office to determine if the health of your pet may have been compromised. To report an animal bite, please call 720-898-6900. If you have questions regarding this information, please submit a service request.

This information was brought to you by Public Safety.

Submit a Service Request


If your Ask Arvada request pertains to a specific location (other than your address), please include details here. If a location is not relevant to your request, leave this field on Not Applicable.

Special Information (Required)


Please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include sensitive information (passwords, banking account numbers, credit card information, etc.).

Agree and Submit
By submitting this form, you are agreeing that you have not included any sensitive information such as passwords, social security numbers, and banking details. You are acknowledging that you are aware that the data contained in this form is being transmitted through GovOutReach, the tool that the City of Arvada uses to manage requests.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.